Exhibitions and events
Stationary exhibitions in the halls
1. Atrium “Kazakhstan - the territory of peace and harmony”;
2. “The Great Silk Road is a crossroads of dialogue and cultures”;
3. “The Assembly of the People of Kazakhstan is a symbol of unity and harmony”;
4. “Interreligious Dialogue: Congresses of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions”;
5. “Leaders of Contemporary Global Spiritual Diplomacy”.
Organizer: NPJSC “N.Nazarbayev Center for the Development of Interfaith and Inter-civilizational Dialogue”, National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Library of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Venue: Nur-Sultan, in the Atrium of the National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The theme of the exhibition: “History of religions in Kazakhstan”.
Dates: from 12 to 16 September 2022.
The following items will be presented at the exhibition from the museum funds of the organizers: manuscripts of the Koran, Karakhanid coins, copies of Khan's seals, a stone altar, a Bible book, candlesticks, communion bowls, ritual musical items, souvenirs, beads, a sculpture of a Buddhist monk, gifts from representatives of the Congresses, international organizations - CICA, OIC, etc.
The exhibition reflects a tolerant outlook and respect for the religions and cultures of different peoples of the world. Inter-religious harmony, consolidation around common spiritual human values and the national patriotic idea “Mangilik El” - civil equality, the foundation of the Kazakh identity of unity - a national value based on cultural
Purpose of the exhibition:
- Assistance in the implementation and promotion of the initiatives of the Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions;
- Familiarization with the basics of world religions practiced in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan in order to gain skills of orientation in religious and spiritual issues of interethnic and interfaith relations;
- Education of religious tolerance, respect for the rights and freedoms of fellow citizens, the rights of the individual in the spiritual sphere as a whole;
- Comprehensive development of national cultures, languages and traditions of the peoples of Kazakhstan.