The head of state at the V Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions on June 11, 2015 in Astana, put forward the idea: “I propose to create a Museum of Peace and Reconciliation in this building (the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation) in our Astana at this building. This will be a kind attitude towards our congresses, a generalization of the experience of consolidated decisions on the problems of human development, and will be important for strengthening peace and mutual understanding among peoples. "
The Museum of Peace and Reconciliation was opened on October 10, 2018 as part of the VI Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions. The museum is located on the 3rd floor in the building of the Palace of Peace and Reconciliation.
At present, the Museum of Peace and Accord is on the balance sheet of the NPJSC "N. Nazarbayev Center for the Development of Interfaith and Inter-civilizational Dialogue"
The purpose of the Museum is to preserve and popularize the historical and cultural heritage of the people of Kazakhstan and the modern experience of interstate and inter-civilizational interaction for a constructive solution to the problems of mankind by creating an innovative museum complex that meets modern trends in the development of world museum centers; approval of the principles of dialogue, mutual understanding and mutual respect of religions, cultures, peoples and states.
- to reveal the value and significance of monuments of culture and art, thematically related to the history of dialogue between cultures and confessions;
- to provide society with full access to the national historical and cultural heritage;
- to raise the level of information culture of the Kazakh society about events in the field of cultural history and museology;
- to instill the best traditions of museum culture.
- to create a single harmonious composition of documentary materials and monuments of the national heritage;
- to complete, systematize, provide scientific study, use and popularize the historical and cultural heritage of Kazakhstani society;
- to bring into museum practice innovative exposition technologies that meet the needs of modern society;
- to ensure the competitiveness of the Museum in the field of cultural leisure.
- to demonstrate the features of the museum collection - a variety of collections and museum relics;
- to reflect the themes: "Kazakhstan - the territory of peace and harmony"; “The Great Silk Road - Crossroads of Dialogue and Cultures”; "Assembly of the people of Kazakhstan - a symbol of unity and harmony"; "Interreligious Dialogue: Congress of Leaders of World and Traditional Religions"; "Leaders of Modern Global Spiritual Diplomacy";
- to develop international cultural and humanitarian cooperation with foreign countries.
The expositions of 5 halls consist of separate exposition complexes (parts) - thematically related, spatially and artistically organized groups of museum objects, scientific auxiliary material, texts and expositional museum equipment.
The concept of the exposition is based on a culture logical approach, in which the principles of mixing traditional and new museum technologies are laid. The collection method is the basis for the creation of the exposition. This is one of the oldest traditional museum presentation methods, which is most suitable for achieving the goals and objectives of the exhibition. It ensures the continuity of traditions, reveals the authenticity of the museum collection as a repository of a variety of unique and typical collections. The collection method of display opens up wide opportunities for the inclusion of multimedia components in the exhibition, which are necessary for the development of interactive interaction with a modern visitor.
In modern museology, a museum exposition is perceived as an integral harmonious ensemble, created on the basis of original exhibits. The exposition is formed as a subject-spatial and emotional-figurative environment in the unity of the plot-conceptual and visual series.
The exhibition uses two opposite approaches of design - artistic functional style and scientific functional style, which, when combined into a common composition, create the dynamics of the exposition solution.
The exposition offers the active use of modern multimedia technologies and the latest designs of display equipment:
- electronic multimedia complexes, which are electronic kiosks with touch control and a plasma panel, on which the information requested by the visitor is displayed;
- the possibility of broadcasting a multi-screen 3D multimedia tour of historical sites according to the theme of the Museum;
- equipping showcases and display stands with "pockets" for placing additional information in the form of advertising, reference texts, various kinds of documents.
- use of multimedia "book of reviews and suggestions"